Check out his farewell post at Daily Axioms. In the meantime, I’m going to share what he has dubbed as his top ten tenets of social media. These are some great words to live by, especially for PR pros, so take a look!
1. Followers/friends does not equate to knowledge
2. Share, don’t plagiarize
3. Makes friends with your competitors
4. Don’t retweet stuff you don’t read
5. Think fun, not formality
6. Don’t tweet when you eat (it may come out on the feed OR your keyboard)
7. Automating content is anti-social AND annoying
8. ‘Real-time’ means ‘Stop and think about it before you post’
9. Do use key words in your copy
10. Take a vacation – you’ve earned it!
Good luck at your new position Tim!